Push notification not delivered for some devices

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

Our app uses Expo push notification to deliver push messages. It works just fine for most clients, but I am trying to debug one client where he is not receiving the push messages. Here is what I am seeing:

1. Using Expo push notification tool as well as my own client code, I can send messages to his Expo push token. Expo server responds with ok status. I checked the status given the receipt id and the status also says ok.
  2. But the client never receives the messages. I ensure that the app is not already opened on his iOS device and that notification is enabled for the app.

My question is: how do I debug this further? I understand that Apple server might decide to send or not to send messages based on various factors. How do I find out what Apple server did with the messages?

I have googled quite a bit but I couldn’t find much info on how to proceed further. I hope that someone has experienced the same, and can help with some leads.

Thanks for your help,

Huey

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.