App corrupt after manual close from app-list

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 34
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/ iOS

In my (live) app I recently found a bug where the whole app would become unusable after closing it from the recent-apps list on both Android and iOS. After closing the app and re-opening, all http requests suddenly fail, and the Ionicon icon library I use starts to display chinese symbols rather then the proper icons.

Installing a fresh version of the app resolves the issue, but closing the app will still break the app bundle. This bug only occurs in the live versions of the app, so it is increasingly difficult to debug the app as well, as building it using the expo developer tools will not trigger this issue.

So does anyone know how I can fix this issue, or how I can prevent the crashes from happing?

Thanks in advance

Was testing arround with different releases of the app, and found out that this issue was not in an older version of the app. After rolling back a couple of features, it turned out that the expo-background-fetch we were using was causing the app to crash. After disabling it the app worked fine again.

Weird. Would be interesting to know what that background fetch code was doing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.