Expo app not opening on IOS Simulator (MacOS Mojave 10.14.2)

I haven’t been able to open the Expo app on my ios simulator since upgrading MAC OS to Mojave.

Every time I try to open the app I get this:

I can confirm it’s not a network issue as I can open the expo app on my MacBook Pro just fine (running on macOS Sierra)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hey @coinfielddev,

Can you try uninstalling the Expo Client from the simulator and/or reseting content and settings for your simulator? I just ran expo start --ios and my project opened with no issue and my MBP is running 10.14.2

Cheers,

Adam

Hi @adamjnav

So I tried setting up my dev environment on another MAC which is running on OS High Sierra, but running into the same issue not being able to open Expo in the ios simulator. So that rules out the OS causing the issue. Another MAC at the office with the exact same specs, setup and network is able to run the project without any issues, which is weird.

I’m also sometimes getting an error when trying to run ‘expo start’, which I feel might be related. Logs below:

[17:46:06] Could not get status from Metro bundler. connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:19001
[17:46:06] Connecting to Metro bundler failed.
[17:46:06] Error: Connecting to Metro bundler failed.
at /xdl@52.0.13/src/Project.js:1356:11
at Generator.throw ()
at step (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/build/Project.js:2211:191)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/build/Project.js:2211:402
at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:77:7)

I’m starting to think this could actually be a network issue after all…

Hey @coinfielddev,

Can you try running rm -rf .expo? Doing so usually helps with the ECONNREFUSED error. Let me know if that helps.

All the best,

Adam

1 Like

Hi @adamjnav

I downgraded Xcode to version 9.2 and the Expo app is now working in my simulator.

As for the ECONNREFUSED issue, I havent been able to reproduce it today, but will try that next time it happens.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.