EAS update misunderstanding

Hi, recently I have had an issue with over-the-air updates with the expo. Since I used to use Expo Publish, it was easy to fix small bugs while working on the next version.

The problem is the EAS build has done its job but the app doesn’t have the changes.

I’m using expo " 48.0.18, “react”: “18.2.0” and “react-native”: “0.71.8” bare workflow
the build has already been published on the app store and has below details:

SDK version: 48.0.0

Release channel:default

Profile: production

Version:36

Build number:3.3.6

Now, I need to fix some small bugs, then I set ‘runtimeVersion’ to 36, channel to production, and run eas update command. But as I mentioned before, no update published

What else should I modify?

Is the update appearing in the eas.dev dashboard?

In my app I have a debug data screen that I can pull up which shows me the running version, and also the update ID, etc., which is helpful in determining if the update is applied.

Updates may also not immediately apply if they take longer to download than the default or configured update timeout. You’ll also want to confirm that your application is correctly configured per the docs for updates, they aren’t automatic (that is, your application must know to look for them in the first place.)

It is also possible that your new code has an error, in which case the application will fall back to the last good version or the code shipped with the binary.

Could also be a different issue but these items, especially the last one regarding an error in the update code, were difficult for me to figure out at first.

Hi, the update shows up in the eas dashboard. I think the issue is related to difference of build version and updated version

fixed by deleting ios folder, run expo eject again and run eas build

Hi @vahidafshari

These days you should use npx expo prebuild instead of expo eject. It does basically the same thing, but prebuild works with config plugins.

If you could delete the ios directory and regenerate it without needing to make other changes to the files under the ios directory then you do not actually need the ios directory at all. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you need to “eject”? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.