Updated MacOS and now Expo app network requests timeout

I have Expo SDK 42.0. iOS. Tried iOS simulator version 14.5 and 15.2. Same problems.

After updating my MacOs to newest version (was a major version upgrade to Monterey 12.1), my Expo app doesn’t work anymore!! I am consistently getting “Request timeout (10000 ms)” for HTTP/Web requests my app makes. I made sure MacOs firewall is disabled, and also disabled my Norton firewall (although they should be fine because they usually allow outgoing requests by default). I also had to upgrade my Xcode version; Expo App wouldn’t load at all until I did that. Now the app loads in iOS simulator… but it is pretty much useless with network requests failing.

I’m at a total loss of what to do. ;(

Another clue. The EAS build notes on the web at expo.dev show the following

Using VM template "macos-big-sur-11.4-xcode-12.5" running macOS Big Sur 11.4
Installed software:
- Xcode 12.5 (12E5244e)
- Node.js 14.18.1
- Yarn 1.22.10
- Npm 6.14.8
- fastlane 2.185.1
- CocoaPods 1.10.1
- Ruby 2.7.0p0 (2019-12-25 revision 647ee6f091) [x86_64-darwin19]

Note the xcode version and OS are previous version before I updated OS to Monterey and updated Xcode. Can this be the reason? Shouuldn’t it be using Monterey and newest xcode?

I also tried removing the ~/.expo folder and all .expo folders in the project directory. Thinking maybe it was caching old info?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.