SDK 43 is a disappointment

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 43
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Replace this section with as much relevant information as possible and any relevant code along with your question.

I’m developing a cab booking app ( rider app / driver app ).

It’s been developed since expo SDK 38 , managed workflow .

The main things I use for the app are :

1- background location.
2- push notifications .

-The background location has always crashed my app until SDK 42 . But again on SDK 43 which doesn’t make sense.

• push notifications response not firing when app is killed since SDK 38 , sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t , couldn’t figure it out.

The thing is that I’ve waited for SDK 43 to fix a bug related to Image picker that restarted the application upon selecting an image.

As soon as I upgraded to SDK 43 I noticed crashing again on background location , giving me no choice but downgrade to SDK 42 .

I thought that expo build is being deprecated so all the focus is on EAS build. So I gave it a try :

I noticed many differences on my builds , to name few :

• Lot of display bugs , black squares covering the navigator .

• App launch Is a little weird .

• closing and launching the app immediately ignores splash screen.

Without digging much more I went back to expo build : SDK 42 .

So I couldn’t benefit from reducing my app size as well as fixing my previously mentioned issues .

Why does EAS build behave differently ?
And why don’t you expend Beta Period to make sure things go right .

hi there! can you please point me to github issues about the problems that you have encountered?

blog posts about why eas build behaves differently:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.