Scanning QR code on iPhone opens production app instead of Expo Go's development build

Hey all, thanks for reading this.

I have updated to SDK 48 after reading the article, but now Expo can’t seem to open the Expo Go app anymore. Usually, I could just run the development build using Expo Go, but now it only seems to open the actual production application, which I have downloaded from the App Store.

The URL Expo generates is: exp+nuws-app://expo-development-client/?url=http%3A%2F%2F172.28.242.179%3A8081, which includes both the Expo and the actual production app (nuws-app) scheme.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? I am kind of confused about why and how, and couldn’t find any answers on the forum and/or Stack Overflow.

Thanks again!

Hmm, running npx expo start seems to work fine. Here’s what my package.json looks like:

"scripts": {
    "start": "expo start --dev-client",
    "android": "expo run:android",
    "ios": "expo run:ios",
    "web": "expo start --web",
    "test": "jest --watchAll",
    "eject": "expo eject",
    "pretty": "prettier --write . --ext .js,.jsx,.ts,.tsx",
    "lint": "eslint . --ext .js,.jsx,.ts,.tsx",
    "lint:fix": "eslint . --ext .js,.jsx,.ts,.tsx --fix",
    "husky:prepare": "husky install",
    "prepare": "husky install"
  },

Did I miss something? :slight_smile:

Okay, I have created a new Expo app by running npx create-expo-app my-app and I noticed that the package.json file looked like this:

"scripts": {
    "start": "expo start",
    "android": "expo start --android",
    "ios": "expo start --ios",
    "web": "expo start --web",
    "test": "jest --watchAll",
    "eject": "expo eject",
    "pretty": "prettier --write . --ext .js,.jsx,.ts,.tsx",
    "lint": "eslint . --ext .js,.jsx,.ts,.tsx",
    "lint:fix": "eslint . --ext .js,.jsx,.ts,.tsx --fix",
    "husky:prepare": "husky install",
    "prepare": "husky install"
  },

I copied this over to my project, and everything worked. I still don’t know what happened there.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.