expo-development-client url encoding

Expo sdk: 44
expo-dev-client: 0.8.5
Bare workflow

When I run a dev client build with eas and try to run it with “expo start --dev-client” on a simulator, I get this error. This is only on iOS. I have noticed that, while it works on android, I can’t use the qr code or provided link, I need to manually enter the http url without the url encoding for metro to connect. (Is there a way to fix that? It seems like url encoded link is a problem.). If I try to install and run the same build on an iOS device, the dev client menu pops up but is completely frozen and the app will not run.

Additionaly, if I run the app using “expo run:ios -d”, the app builds and installs but gives me the same encoded url Metro waiting on fitbody://expo-development-client/?url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.50.110%3A8081 and then proceeds to load the same frozen dev-client menu. I was under the impression that “expo run:ios” did not depend whatsoever on expo-development-client. Is that correct?

Metro waiting on fitbody://expo-development-client/?url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.10%3A8081
› Scan the QR code above with Expo Go (Android) or the Camera app (iOS)

› Press a │ open Android
› Press i │ open iOS simulator
› Press w │ open web

› Press r │ reload app
› Press m │ toggle menu
› Press d │ show developer tools
› shift+d │ toggle auto opening developer tools on startup (disabled)

› Press ? │ show all commands

Logs for your project will appear below. Press Ctrl+C to exit.
› Opening on iOS...
xcrun exited with non-zero code: 2
An error was encountered processing the command (domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain, code=2):
Unable to boot device because we cannot determine the runtime bundle.
No such file or directory
Error: xcrun exited with non-zero code: 2
    at ChildProcess.completionListener (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/spawn-async/src/spawnAsync.ts:65:13)
    at Object.onceWrapper (node:events:514:26)
    at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:394:28)
    at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1067:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:301:5)
    at spawnAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/spawn-async/src/spawnAsync.ts:26:19)
    at xcrunAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/SimControl.ts:427:18)
    at runBootAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/SimControl.ts:217:11)
    at bootAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/SimControl.ts:189:9)
    at action (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/SimControl.ts:142:19)
    at waitForActionAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/apple/utils/waitForActionAsync.ts:17:22)
    at waitForDeviceToBootAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/SimControl.ts:141:10)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/utils/profileMethod.ts:22:21
    at ensureSimulatorOpenAsync (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/src/Simulator.ts:234:30)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)