On first build, keystore was not available, 2nd build is signed bad

For my first build I did this command: expo build:android -t app-bundle. It worked succesfully, gave me a bundle, I then uploaded to Play Store and got my v1.0.0 out. I did a expo fetch:android:keystore however it gave an error saying nothing found.

Now today, I needed to get next version out. I did expo build:android -t app-bundle and it made a build but I think it used a new key. I did expo fetch:android:keystore and it gave it to me, downloaded the jks. When I go to upload this to Play Store I now get error that is signed with a different key:

Google Support - Use Play App Signing - Play Console Help - says I can send them my upload_certificate.pem and they will replace it with this key, however I can’t find this. I only get a jks file. Is there something I can do?

Run expo fetch:android:upload-cert it will fetch current keystore and extract public key into pem file

Thank you @wkozyra what I did was follow your steps here to create a PEM from the JKS - Goodge App Singing Reset - #2 by wkozyra

And then I sent google that pem and they applied, they said it will work by tomorrow, Ill try uploading update and then report back. Thanks for teh reply!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.