How to display screen with progress bar during application update

I want to show screen with progress bar when expo is checking for updates and downloading it instead of splash screen.
I decided to disable auto updates, and check for it manually when application is launched, then I`m showing a screen with progress bar. It works, but not as I expected. If you call fetchUpdateAsync then expo force show splash screen. In result I`m having

screen with progress (which tells me that I`m checking for updates) => expo splash screen (download patch) => application reloads => screen with progress to check for updates again.

I want to show progress with different messages, like ‘Checking for updates’ => ‘Downloading patch’

Or show splash screen when checking for updates but progress bar during download

Hey @frfs,

Unfortunately this isn’t possible with the Splash and Updates APIs currently. I would recommend creating a Feature Request on our Canny detailing exactly what you would want these APIs to be able to do.

Cheers,

Adam

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.