I don’t know where to post my issue but we’re facing really weird problem
We have an app that is deployed on Google Play Store and App Store, it’s a managed workflow app with SDK 39. it’s been working fine for weeks.
Suddenly, this morning we noticed that the app doesn’t work anymore because it doesn’t access backend server anymore (no logs on backend).
Though, the server works fine with direct call to APIs and even when we call it from same front app but in dev environment or Testflight environment (isn’t that silly?).
We did not modify the back, we did not move any new version on the stores…
Something really weird is that when we delete the app on a telephone then reinstall it, it works the first time (access to backend) and then the second time and so on it does not work anymore.
What we did is moving from SDK 39 to SDK 42 and working and EAS build but in dev ONLY. We did not push anything on the stores and did not make any changes on the back.
We are lost!!! Does anybody has any clue, idea, help…
it works the first time (access to backend) and then the second time and so on it does not work anymore.
This behavior suggests that after install the app is using bundle embedded into apk/ipa, but after the restart, it’s using a version from ota update that has some bug. OTA update is published every time you run expo publish or expo build, but not when you run eas build, most likely you or someone on your team run one of those commands with the production release channel
you can check last published OTA updates with expo publish:history and if you see something that shouldn’t be there then you can rollback it with expo publish:rollback