Has anyone successfully adopted IAP with EAS Build for their Managed app?

So if we only need IAP (with all the iOS configs required) an no custom native code at all, we technically do not need the custom dev client? Or we would just need it if we want to test IAP in debug?

That’s awesome! Could you share some of your steps and order of operations etc when you have some time for this “mini-guide” :slight_smile: thanks!

If you could share that would be amazing!

@mercpls @apps.genie

I created a small guide on medium : Expo in-app purchases for managed app | by Jonathan Payet | Sep, 2021 | Medium | Medium

1 Like

Hi @sephyre

Your guide looks useful, except that it seems to me you should have something about creating a build after installing the RevenueCat SDK. You mention at the bottom that “Step 5” has already been done, but I don’t see any mention of installing the RevenueCat SDK before that point.

Also, it might be useful to provide some guidance for installing the SDK, since their instructions mention ExpoKit and the bare workflow which might confuse people.

Hi @wodin

Thank you for your feedback. RevenueCats SDK were installed with this command in the previous step.
yarn add expo-dev-client react-native-purchases (Auto-link so nothing more to do if managed mode)

And next we create a new dev-client build with : eas build -profile development -platform android

I will edit it to be clearer.

Thanks, I did not read carefully enough.

Perhaps you should separate those into two separate steps?

Then again, if I was actually doing this instead of just reading, it should be fine. Up to you, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was surprisingly simple to get a native module working. Dope.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.