Can I use expo-in-app-purchases in a manged workflow with eas dev build and expo-dev-client

I have been trying to get revenue cats react-native-purchases to work in the managed workflow but to no avail

So I am wondering if anyone knows if you can use expo-in-app-purchases in a manged workflow, using eas build and expo-dev-client

This is the guide that shows you can have in app purchases in expo manged workflow

Hi @krktdev

I haven’t used In-App Purchases myself, but the RevenueCat post looks pretty much fine. With Expo SDK 46 some things have shifted a bit, though. So I’d do this:

Step 1

• npx create-expo-app my-app
  • cd my-app
  • npx expo install expo-dev-client
  • npx expo install react-native-purchases

Step 2

• No changes

I would do Steps 4 and 5 before Step 3. That way, you can build the dev client and then use it while developing the JavaScript part of the app.

Step 4

• eas build -p android --profile development (this will create a simple eas.json)
  • eas build -p ios --profile development

If you want to run the app on the iOS Simulator then add an EAS Build profile like this to your eas.json:

{
  "build": {
[...]
    "sim-dev": {
      "extends": "development",
      "ios": {
        "simulator": true
      }
    },
[...]
  }
}

Then you can build the dev client for the Simulator:

• eas build -p ios --profile sim-dev

After it’s built you can download the .tar.gz file and unpack it to get a .app. You can drag the app onto the Simulator to install it.

Step 5

This should be about the same, although these days you can leave out the --dev-client option and you should use npx expo start instead of just expo start.

• npx expo start

Step 3

Then edit your JavaScript code to start using react-native-purchases.

If the above doesn’t work for you, you will need to provide more details about what you tried, what you expected to happen, what actually happened, etc., including any error messages you got.

1 Like