eas submit -p ios fails with error: issuerId is required

I executed this command:

eas submit -p ios

and got this error:

Waiting for submission to complete. You can press Ctrl+C to exit.
✖ Something went wrong when submitting your app to Apple App Store Connect.

We couldn't figure out what went wrong. See logs to learn more.

[logs] Starting iOS app upload
[logs] Downloading archive
[logs] Preparing artifact
[logs] Verifying archive
[logs] Creating ascApiJsonKey.json file with ASC credentials
[logs] Uploading iOS app to TestFlight...
[logs] Uploading the app with fastlane pilot
[logs] -------------------
[logs] --- Step: pilot ---
[logs] -------------------
[logs] Creating authorization token for App Store Connect API
[logs] Ready to upload new build to TestFlight (App: number)...
[logs] Going to upload updated app to App Store Connect
[logs] This might take a few minutes. Please don't interrupt the script.
[logs] Transporter transfer failed.
[logs] 
[logs] There was a general exception while executing
[logs] An exception has occurred: issuerId is required
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at com.apple.transporter.bootstrap.BootstrapperPhase1.bootstrap(BootstrapperPhase1.java:107)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at com.apple.transporter.bootstrap.BootstrapperPhase1.bootstrap(BootstrapperPhase1.java:78)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at com.apple.transporter.launcher.Launcher.launchBootstrapper(Launcher.java:37)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at com.apple.transporter.launcher.Application.start(Application.java:450)
[logs] [iTMSTransporter]        at com.apple.transporter.launcher.Application.main(Application.java:947)
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter] 
[logs] 
[logs] [iTMSTransporter] [2022-10-10 04:39:40 PDT] <main> DBG-X: Returning 1
[logs] iTunes Transporter output above ^
[logs] There was a general exception while executing
[logs] An exception has occurred: issuerId is required
\nAn exception has occurred: issuerId is required There was a general exception while executing
[logs] The call to the iTMSTransporter completed with a non-zero exit status: 1. This indicates a failure.
[logs] [!] Error uploading ipa file:
[logs] Fastlane pilot failed
[logs] Failed to submit the app
[logs] Failed to upload the app

I haven’t found anything similar to this. The main problem is that this error shows up 2 or 3 times and then, when I try another time, it succeeds. It started occuring today.Tried upgrading version of eas-cli to 2.2.1, same error.

eas-cli version (upgraded):

eas-cli/2.2.1 linux-x64 node-v16.17.0

same problem

@skillspark This also appeared to me today, were you able to fix it?

Have the same issue. Any clue?

It just let me submit 1 min ago.

facing the same issue

Have you done something to let it submit?

Nothing, I just ran it again

It always fail in my case((

I tried again and is failing. Maybe I had the luck to hit a good spot. Seems to be a 100% issue from Expo servers.

This issue should now be resolved.

3 Likes

I just tried submitting three times and it failed in all of them. After upgrading to eas v2.3.0, this was resolved.

I’m still getting this error @kbrandwijk. What was the problem? Anything I can do to fix on my side?

Related: [Submitting build to TestFlight] An exception has occurred: issuerId is required · Issue #1432 · expo/eas-cli · GitHub

Update: I hit retry a few times and it went through. Feels like an incident on the EAS side rather than something I can control.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.