What I learned while building/submitting my first app.

• Autoincrement the version number. In iOS and Android. It’ll bite you in the butt otherwise.
  • iOS builds need to include your app logo if you’re going to have one. You don’t add it after the fact like on Android.

What’d I miss?

• iOS builds need to include your app logo if you’re going to have one. You don’t add it after the fact like on Android.

what do you mean? i don’t follow this one :sweat_smile:

this guide is useful: App stores best practices - Expo Documentation

we should perhaps add something there about setting up auto increment

I was following that - a nudge that I really should set up autoIncrement would have been much appreciated.

I meant that if you don’t have your icon set correctly, you can’t change it later in the iOS build. On Google Play Store, you upload the app icon later, separate from the .aab, so I didn’t realize iOS didn’t work that way, and if I wanted my icon included I had to have it in place before I built. Maybe that was obvious to everyone but me, but I missed it. Wouldn’t have been a big deal if I’d been able to get a later build to go, but I’ve had a full day of timeouts and errors from the build servers since fixing the autoIncrement and missing app icon, so I’m feeling ls like I wasted the only two successful builds I was going to get on rookie mistakes.

the icon that you upload to the play store does not set the icon on the device, that is only done at build time. you can update the icon used on the app store through app store connect for ios at any time

That’s what I was saying, that I needed to set my icon for ios before building. :slight_smile:

sorry i’m not quite sure i understand. you also need to set it on android before building.