I’m running into this error message when trying to run my project in iOS/Android simulator (
expo start - ‘i’ or ‘a’). When I open my project for Web (‘w’), that works fine.
I’m very sure that “/path/to/mymodule.js” exists and I have already tried all hints mentioned. There is no difference when building with yarn or npm either.
A little bit of background:
- The project itself is very simple; the only change w.r.t. the default project (
expo init) is that it imports a .js module: mymodule.js. Unfortunately, I’m not able to share this file with you.
- It was built using Emscripten (with
-O0flags, so a single .js file is output)
export NODE_OPTIONS="--max-old-space-size=8192") for it to be able to build (for Expo Web, which works).
- A simpler/smaller module -built in the same way using Emscripten- can successfully be imported/build/run in Expo on both Web, iOS and Android.
- Has anybody had a similar problem or error message?
- Is there any reason why a large module would not run?
- Does anybody have any idea why it would build and run for Web but not for iOS/Android? That might help me to solve the issue.
Any hint is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Expo CLI 4.3.2 environment info:
OS: macOS 10.15.7
Shell: 5.0.16 - /usr/local/bin/bash
Node: 12.16.2 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.22.4 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.14.9 - /usr/local/bin/npm
CocoaPods: 1.9.1 - /usr/local/bin/pod
Platforms: iOS 14.1, DriverKit 19.0, macOS 10.15, tvOS 14.0, watchOS 7.0
Android Studio: 4.0 AI-193.6918.104.22.16814223
Xcode: 12.1/12A7403 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
expo: ~40.0.0 => 40.0.1
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-40.0.1.tar.gz => 0.63.2
react-native-web: ~0.13.12 => 0.13.18
Expo Workflow: managed