Standalone App not recieving Notifications via FCM

I had an app that I created on my personal account, but recently had to move to another expo account. Notifications via FCM were working with the apk built on my personal expo account. But now after moving the project over to another account and building the apk and re-uploading my FCM api-key to expo’s servers…I get nothing.

I’ve tested via Expo Push Notification tool and my standalone app gets the notification from there.

Can anyone think of a reason why things stopped from just moving the app over to a new expo account? Leeo in mind…I re-did all the steps in the Expo FCM guide logged into the new account.

Old apk was deleted from my phone and new bundle built and installed from the new account.

Also I recieve the notification through my app in the expo client… so I know they are going out through our backend server to expo’s server.

Thanks in advance

Hey @fanofskynyrd,

How did you choose to handle certs when you rebuilt the app on the new Expo account?

Hello, thx for the reply. I chose to let Expo handle it.

I should also mention that I deleted the project from my previous account completely as well… so now it only exists under the new account.

It may help to pass the -c flag to the build command, to clear the old stored credentials

@charliecruzan Brilliant! I will try that tomorrow and post back with the results. Thanks!

1 Like

So I saw Expo SDK was update to v33…I went ahead and did that…but now I cant build an app bundle…I get:

Error: Unsupported SDK Version!
    at Object.ensureCanBuildSdkVersion (/app/build/builders/utils/version.js:20:15)
    at Object.buildAndroid [as android] (/app/build/builders/android.js:29:21)
    at build (/app/build/jobManager.js:140:62)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:229:7)

I know its a bit off topic…but releated as now I cant build a new apk

Replied to you on your new post, but thought I’d reply here, too

As it says in the release notes, the builders don’t support SDK 33 just yet, but we’re working on that now.

Thanks guess I jumped the gun just a little bit :smile:

Posting here for posterity!

1 Like

A fresh build while adding the -c flag, then installing and everything with my FCM notifications appears to be working again.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.