Notifications not working in standalone app, Push Notifications Tool also not working

1. SDK Version: 41
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hello, I’m having trouble implementing Push Notifications on an app I’m developing.

I have a backend API based on Laravel where notifications are fired to expo using laravel-exponent-push-notifications package.

I followed the expo-notifications docs to setup my Firebase app so I have already added my google-services.json file to my expo app and uploaded the FCM Server Key to expo credentials.

The notifications arrive when using expo go but when I build my app and install it on device, I can’t make it work. There is no crash, no LogCat message with my console.log(notification) instruction. Nothing.

This is the second app I’m building using expo-notifications, I had no problems with the first one. Both apps use different Firebase projects and keys, I don’t know if is a problem related to it.

Also, when I try to use the Push Notification Tool, I’m getting the following error:

InvalidCredentials: Failed to authenticate with the FCM server. Ensure the FCM server key you uploaded is correct.

But how does Push Notification Tool knows which FCM key to use? because I have two apps with different server keys.

Thanks in advance.

FIXED:

To fix this issue I uploaded the SERVER KEY THROUGH expo-cli using:

expo push:android:upload <server key>

First I was uploading using the section FCM Server Key in the Credentials section of the app configuration in expo.io.

Using expo-cli the problem was fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.