running build:ios with an alternate team

I’m trying to build an app for a team for which I’m an admin as shown in App Store Connect (not account holder), but when I try to run expo:build I’m told:

Only 1 team associated with your account, using Apple Team with ID: ${my_team_id}

If I try to explicitly pass the team I want to build the account for using the --team-id flag, I receive the message:

Your account is not associated with Apple Team with ID: ${other_team_id}

Is there something else I need to do to be able to build this app? I have a feeling this might be more of a question about the Apple side of things than about Expo, but any help would be very very appreciated!

Hey @bajh,

Let me raise this question internally and see what the best path moving forward will be. I’ll circle back here when I know more. It will likely be tomorrow once the work week begins.

Cheers,
Adam

Sounds great - thanks, Adam!

hi @bajh just as a quick sanity check, could you go on Apple Developer portal and click the top right dropdown? We should expect there to be 2 teams associated with the account (your_team_id, other_team_id)

For example:

Hey @quinlanj, I actually only see one team there! However, I do see two teams in App Store Connect. Pardon my ignorance about this, but I take it the lists of teams in App Store Connect and Apple Developer are not synonymous?

hey @bajh - hm… I’ve always thought they were synonymous, but I guess that is not always the case :confused:

Here are the first things I’d try to get to the bottom of this:

1. Make sure the same account is logged into the Developer portal and App Store connect (you never know!)
  2. Check your privileges in the other organization (more details here). There could be differences if someone were an Admin vs Developer.

@bajh – another hypothesis:
you might only have privileges to one app in the organization. If this were the case, other_team_id might show up in App store connect under that app. But I would expect other_team_id NOT to show up in the Apple Developer Portal, and I would NOT expect you to have privileges to alter credentials like Distribution Certificates or Push Keys because they are not specific to any particular app.

Thanks for those hints, I’ll do some exploration and see what I can figure out!

1 Like

Thought I’d follow up in case it’s helpful for future reference at all - it turns out that because the account owner is registered as an individual, rather than an organization, being a member of the “team” only grants me read access to the App Store Connect account :weary:

Thanks for following up here, @bajh. Always helps the community when people share their insights and experiences.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.