Renaming an organization account - are there really no caveats other than using >= SDK 43?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 48
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all

Just wanted to be sure. I’d like to change the name of our Expo account (it’s an organization account) but I want to be absolutely sure it doesn’t break anything, i.e. regarding OTA updates and whatnot.

The docs state the following:

Renaming an Account

Accounts can be renamed a limited number of times. Only Owners can rename accounts. To rename an account, visit the account settings and follow the steps under Rename Account.

Caveats

After renaming an account, new publishes to projects within the account must be on Expo SDK 43 or above.

The only place where I can find the account name in our code is the owner property in app.json. Is the process generally to change the name via the expo.dev UI and then immediately follow up with a code change to change the owner property to the new name?

Is there anything else I should keep in mind when changing the org account name or should I just stop worrying and do it?

@amanhimself Apologies for tagging you and I know I asked a similar question a while ago - I just never got around to changing the name but would like to do it now.

Can you confirm if it’s safe to change the organization name without anything breaking like I mention above in my post - or if there’s any caveats I need to keep in mind?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.