Is there a way to publish updates to an old build (SDK 41) after project ownership transfer to another account?

Recently I have transferred an expo project ownership to another account.
Now, I wanted to publish updates (expo publish) my latest build (SDK 45) and an old build (SDK 41).
but when I try to publish updates to build (SDK 41) I am getting the following error:

New publishes for this project must be SDK 43.0.0 or greater since this project has previously been renamed
or transferred.

I am stuck because I am unable to publish updates to an old build.

Is there any way, may be transfer back to old account or any other possibility so that I can publish updates to the build (SDK 41). Thanks

Hey @sardarwaseemjaved, publishing updates to SDK 41 is not supported after transferring the ownership of the account. The least SDK we support is SDK 43 now for publishing app updates. You may want to try to upgrade the project to the latest SDK and rebuild it for OTA updates to continue to work on that project.

The problem is that we have some devices with an old build, which is preinstalled in some of our tablets. We need to publish some updates to these apps so users can at-least update to latest build.
So, Is there any workaround or manual way to update older build or should I just forget about it?

Manually updating the older build should work, and I can’t think of any other workaround.

How can we manually update older build?

You should publish a new version of the app to the Play Store and the App Store. As long as the iOS “bundleIdentifier” and Android “package” stay the same and you still have the original certs there should be no problem with that. The users’ phones should notice that there’s an update on the Store and offer to upgrade it.

1 Like

I know that I can update new build and I have already published a newer version on Play Store and App Store but I still wan’t access to older version of my app. There are some crucial OTA updates that I need to publish on that older version of my app.

Then the answer is “No”, unless maybe the previous owner can publish an update :man_shrugging:

I have access to both accounts but still unable to publish updates from any account. Same error appears for the previous owner too.

So I have lost access to that build? I can’t update it by any means? No workaround or anything?

I know that I can update new build and I have already published a newer version on Play Store and App Store but I still wan’t access to older version of my app.

I can’t update it by any means? No workaround or anything?. .