Push Notification Guide

I’ve had push notifications working for a long time, but they’ve started to become very erratic and stop working on some phones. I can see there are a few updates I need to go through as mentioned in this blog Upcoming changes to the Expo push notification service (Summer 2018) | by James Ide | Exposition but this guide is still showing the same simple set up that I’m using https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/push-notifications/

Are new users expected to go through that set up and then google around to find how to implement all the updates? Is there any step by step guide for a new user to copy and paste code to get boiler plate notifications up and running?

Hey @alex17,

Are you still having any trouble with Push Notifications? If so, let me know what part and I can try and help. Documentation can always be improved, so thanks for pointing out an area you believe is in need of it. Hopefully we can update that soon.

In the meantime, I’ve written up a demo snack for the Notifications API if you want to check it out. Hopefully it helps!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.