I open this new topic because I realize there is a lot of feedbacks about this issue and nothing is found to solve it. Furthermore it is a really big issue and I guess a lot of projects are impacted.
- I am on a standalone app
- I identified the issue with two iPhones but I have not Android device under the hand. Anyway I think the problem is not especially on iOS.
- Until now the both devices received push notifications correctly but suddenly I realized that I did’nt received notifications for no apparent reason
- I tried to send a notification to the both expoPushToken concerned (with Push Notification Tool — Expo) and got the next message :
"'The recipient "ExponentPushToken[E9qkS3CVSyp6fpdiodmTN0]" is not associated with a device actively registered to receive push notifications; stop sending notifications to this recipient until you get an Expo push token from it once again and still have its permission to send notifications."
- Of course notification permission is turned to “on” on the both devices.
- After that I realized there are a lot of users in my database that have the same error
- I don’t know if the issue is temporary (that is to say a KO expoPushToken can turn OK later. I will see this in the next days.
The only workaround I found is to delete the app from iOS and reinstall it. This way a new expoPushToken is delivered and everything becomes ok again. I can do it but I obviously cannot ask my users to do it…
Given this, I really would like we find together a solution.
Is there a way to give another expoPushToken to a device when the device is no more registered ?
Is there a way to get an reason why the device is no more registered ?