Losing my mind: Could not find APNs credentials for host.exp.Exponent

Hey there,

SDK Version: 35
Platform: iOS

I’ve been trawling the Internet all morning and have tried a number of things including but not limited to:

1. Revoking all certificates, profiles + keys from the developer portal and the CLI
  2. Getting Expo to manage the certificates, profiles + keys
  3. Generating my own certificates, profiles + keys and uploading them through the CLI
  4. Following all of the guides and other forum posts I’ve come across

But still, whilst running my application through the Expo client app and using the notification test tool and trying to send one, I get this error message:

InvalidCredentials: Could not find APNs credentials for host.exp.Exponent (######). Check whether you are trying to send a notification to a detached app. If not, you may need to clear your push credentials and regenerate or upload new ones.

I would really appreciate some guidance as to what to do here, I was testing last night and everything seemed to be working fine - but this morning, no dice. It’s worth mentioning too that I have published to TestFlight (but before this issue started happening). But I’m experiencing the problem whilst running the app in development mode through the Expo Client, and haven’t tried publishing a new version with notifications enabled to TestFlight just yet, as I can’t get it working locally.

Also worth noting that I am testing on a physical device, not the simulator.

Cheers

5 Likes

I’m facing the same issue. Also SDK 35 and iOS.

But I haven’t build any standalone app. I’m working only in development mode.
I’ve tried to uninstall de Expo Client to get a new Push Token but didn’t work either.
Everything was working fine until yesterday (around Oct 31, 2019, 18:54:35 GMT-3).

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem and did everything you did. It was working perfectly yesterday.

2 Likes

Hey all,

We are experiencing some infra issues and are actively working to get things back into a healthy state. https://status.expo.io/

I’ll circle back when we believe things should be remedied and see if this error is still occurring.

Cheers,
Adam

4 Likes

@adamjnav, any update on this issue? I was checking the status and it says the ‘Elevated Error Rate’ incident has been resolved but I’m still getting the same response.

1 Like

also experiencing this issue:

InvalidCredentials: Could not find APNs credentials for host.exp.Exponent (######). Check whether you are trying to send a notification to a detached app. If not, you may need to clear your push credentials and regenerate or upload new ones.

I have tried resetting my credentials with expo build:ios -c and still getting the same result.

1 Like

Is there any update on this? Even i am facing the same issue since yesterday

1 Like

Same here, no APNs credentials

Having the same issue sending notifications as well (SDK 35, notification to iOS client).

1 Like

Same here :frowning:

"data": {
        "status": "error",
        "message": "Could not find APNs credentials for host.exp.Exponent (@snaxa/Test). Check whether you are trying to send a notification to a detached app. If not, you may need to clear your push credentials and regenerate or upload new ones.",
        "details": {
            "error": "InvalidCredentials"
        }
    }
1 Like

Great to hear @adamjnav , thanks for acknowledging! Hoping for quick resolution, happy to test something if you need!

Edit: The issue tracker doesn’t seem to acknowledge this issue, but I’m getting the same result?

3 Likes

I’m also still getting the same reply, even on the demo snack for push notifications.

1 Like

Still seeing errors here even though expo’s status page doesn’t report any errors. @adamjnav any updates?

4 Likes

Do you have any news??? I am still facing this issue

3 Likes

Same here. The status page says the Push Notifications Broker is operational but it looks like user access has been revoked over the week end.

1 Like

Same problem here :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly the same issue as @chrisdengso and @snax4a and i’m sure everyone else here.
Notifications for me are working with Android however this is the error I get when trying to use push notifications with IOS. Done every possible thing i’ve read online through my apple developers account, resettings the build etc, and still the same exact error persists every time.

1 Like

Just FYI to all, if I catch the PushResponseError exception, users are getting the notifications. Granted not best practice, but might be a holdover for people while we await a solution to the error.

Edit: I’m using the python exponent_server_sdk, for what it’s worth.

Any update, @adamjnav? I appears we are all still experiencing this issue.

Same issue here!!