Keytool not installed locally to generate keystore on 'expo credentials:manager -p android' command.

This is the error I get when trying to create a keystore for my android standalone app.

Failed to generate Android Keystore, it will be generated on Expo servers during the build
Error: spawn keytool ENOENT
    at notFoundError (C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:6:26)
    at verifyENOENT (C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:40:16)
    at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:27:25)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:290:12) {
  code: 'ENOENT',
  errno: 'ENOENT',
  syscall: 'spawn keytool',
  path: 'keytool',

I can get keytool working on CMD terminal but for some reason it keeps saying it’s not installed locally.

I deleted some of the error code because I wasn’t sure if there was sensitive information in there.
Thanks in advance who can help me with this.

eas build falls back to a hosted keytool if it’s not available locally, so you could try that approach instead. we’re moving away from expo build anyhow: expo build’s Final Year. The Classic Build service will support… | by James Ide | Exposition

1 Like

Yeah I saw where it creates one for you through eas build but is that fingerprint the same one I give to google credentials here in this photo to use with authentication?
fingerprint

That’s what I’m trying to ultimately do.