Trying to get upload key: Error: spawn keytool ENOENT

Hi, I’ve been working on an app I’m hoping to upload to the Play Store.
I have built my App today, hoping to start the process and I built it with the command
expo build:android --clear-credentials
as I had previously build the app with some google config for the pedometer that has since been taken out and I wanted to start fresh with an upload key that could be recovered if it was lost. All went well and I built the app, downloaded the .apk. And then I went to run
expo fetch:android:upload-cert to get my upload key to begin the Play Store submission process and I get the error:

spawn keytool ENOENT Error: spawn keytool ENOENT at notFoundError (C:\Users\larki\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:6:26) at verifyENOENT (C:\Users\larki\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:40:16) at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users\larki\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:27:25) at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:272:12)

Do any of you know what I might be doing wrong? Any advice?

Also, the result of ‘expo diagnostics’:
Expo CLI 3.0.6 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
npm: 6.10.2 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: Version 3.4.0.0 AI-183.6156.11.34.5692245

Make sure that you have Java’s keytool.exe in the Windows PATH.

Thanks for the tip, apologies, I’m just finishing up being a student and I had to replace my machine a couple of weeks ago. Would keytool.exe be included with an install of the JVM or should I be looking for packages to install with it?

Yes it comes with the JVM. I think it comes with both the JRE and the JDK. To be safe, install the JDK.

1 Like

Much appriciation going your way right now. Thanks a million!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.