iPad multitasking not available

1. SDK Version: 4.13.0
  2. Platforms(iOS): iPadOS 15.1

When I use Expo Go to run the application, multitasking works (the three points of multitasking appear and split-view and slide-over work, but when I build the app with “expo build: ios”, I upload it with “Transporter” and I distribute it from “TestFlight”, the multitasking disappears (the 3 dots in the upper part do not appear) and when I try to launch the application in any of the multitasking modes, a message of “not available” appears. Is there any configuration to fix it ? In EAS, does it work?

Hey @albertog, does your app.json have the ios.requireFullScreen property set to true? There is now a free EAS plan that will enable you try building via EAS to see if that results in the multi-tasking working. If so, that would be great information for us to know. Lastly, you shared your expo-cli version instead of your SDK version above. SDK version would be something like 39-43.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks @adamjnav. I don’t have “ios.requireFullScreen” property set to true. I will try to build via EAS to see if the multi-task works and I will tell you. Next time I’ll include the SDK version, that is “expo”: “~ 43.0.2”. Sorry.

I have tried building directly with xcode after creating the native iOS project files and multitasking works perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Saludos,
Alberto

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.