Recompile your apps for the new iPad mini display.

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I’ve got an email from Apple about making sure apps are being displayed ok the new iPad mini.

This is the part that I am not sure if it’s affecting me or not:

However, if you’ve added UIRequiresFullScreen=YES to your app’s Info.plist in order to keep your app full screen during multitasking, you’ll need to recompile with Xcode 13 and the SDK for iPadOS 15 to take advantage of the full screen size. Test and submit your updated app in App Store Connect today.

Is Expo building it with that setting set to to Yes?

if you use eas build, you can choose the xcode 13 image to build your app already: macos-big-sur-11.4-xcode-13.0

if you use expo build (the “classic build system”) we are investigating updating that soon, after which you would need to rebuild and then resubmit your app to the app store to have it take full advantage of the new ipad mini screen

1 Like

I still use expo build as of right now.
Should I watch this issue here for updates or there would be a better place to get an update?

Hey @apps.genie, we’ll do our best to follow up on this thread but it’s always a good idea to follow our blog and Twitter to make sure you see any announcements we make.

Cheers,
Adam

Should I worry about the update if do not expect my users to use the app on the latest iPadmini ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.