Follow up on iPad mini display build issue

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I wanted to follow up on a previous question I had regarding builds failing due to the iPad full screen compatibility. My previous question (57283) got close without a resolution. And I was not able to find anything in the blog or twitter.

I am still using classic expo build and wanted to know how to be able to create a build to avoid this error from apple:

ITMS-90901: Missing full-screen support for the latest iPad mini display. The “ExpoKitApp.app” bundle includes UIRequiresFullScreen=YES in the Info.plist or supports only a subset of UISupportedInterfaceOrientations, and is built with the 14.1 SDK. To take advantage of the full screen size, recompile with Xcode 13 and the SDK for iPadOS 15 or later.

Hi @apps.genie

I’d try upgrading to Expo SDK 44 and building with EAS Build.

I was thinking that an expo sdk upgrade might help but not sure to which version and what else would come with that… but also I am not ready to migrate to EAS Build yet, so was just wondering if something in the current managed workflow I could update to bypass this error/warning. And when I have more time can start looking at EAS Build

I don’t remember them mentioning this in the SDK release notes or changelog.

I am not sure what version of Xcode is used by the classic build system, but I know you can build with Xvode 13 when using EAS Build.

Also, if it doesn’t work out of the box with EAS Build, you could use a config plugin to make the necessary changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.