expo-media-library - how to remove NSCameraUsageDescription permission

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 44
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on: media library

I am using expo media library to access videos on the phone. After I submit the build to Apple App Store, the submission was rejected because Apple asked me to provide description for ‘NSCameraUsageDescription’

My question is that I don’t need that permission, is that possible to remove that requirement or should I need to use a completely different package?

Hey @delpielo, can you let me know how you are building your app binary? The expo-media-library module should not be resulting in a CameraUsage permission issue. Are you by chance also using expo-camera or expo-image-picker?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam,

I did try expo-image-picker first, then move to media library, because expo-image-picker is not what I want.

I completely reset my dev branch before adding media library, which mean the media library is a clean install.

Do you know a way to check why the CameraUsage permission is still required after I remove expo-image-picker?

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Shane

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.