I recently bought a new M2 Air (note I’m not using Rosetta 2, rather avoid this if possible) when I run the Expo Go simulator it just crashes. It runs fine if I build and install the app directly on the device. So this seems to be a problem only with the Expo Go app itself.
I tested on a fresh expo project as well so it’s fairly straightforward to reproduce.
Here is a quick demo:
Ughh never mind, I guess Expo knew I was talking about it because 10minutes after posting this it works.
I’m not sure if it’s because these steps I did but I’ll list them:
- Quit my local npx expo start (i.e. dev server)
- Opened the Expo Go app on the Phone (now it didn’t crash)
- Restarted my local dev server
- Entered the URL manually
For some reason after doing this it has continued to work . I’m going with the theory that Expo Go knew I was posting about it on here
We can probably close this unless others are having similar issues.