Expo Client - facebook login error

Hi, I’m wondering if something changed in the expo FB app because the Facebook login was working before in the expo client but since 2 days ago, I get the message

App not set up. This app is still in development mode, and you don’t have access to it. Switch the a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

This was working fine before and I don’t have any change in my code… If I understand correctly the docs, this also has nothing to do with my app as:

No configuration is needed to use the Facebook SDK in the App Store Expo client , because all of your Facebook API calls will be made with Expo’s Facebook App ID.

as stated in the docs…

Useful info:

Relevant info from package.json

"expo": "~37.0.3",
"expo-facebook": "^8.1.0",

Running on iOS.

My own app has the bundle id host.exp.Exponent registered.

Works in standalone (published) app

Thanks in advance for any pointer to a solution…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and I believe you are right +1

I had to add a new hash to having it working on Android so I guess something has changed at the bundle level…

Anyone has more info about this? There is nothing updated in the docs :frowning:

Hey all,

I believe this should be remedied. The status of our Expo client app on Facebook got toggled back to development for some reason. We’ve since toggled it back to production. Let me know if that’s not the case.

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam,

I can confirm that it now works for me! Thanks a lot!

Any idea why the hash for Android has changed though?

Confirming that it works again (on the iOS expo client), thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.