Expo app without push notifications

Hi

Is there a way to build and publish an app without push notification? My app doesn’t need it, but the expo build:ios keep asking for Apple Push Notifications service key - is there a way to workaround that? Couldn’t find anything in docs not the forum, only how to do it :slight_smile:
Only option I can find is to eject the app and build as a react native app

Thanks

Hey @ksgy!

You can definitely publish you app onto Expo’s servers without the Push Notifications service key, your app will just have to be run in the Expo Client.

Are you looking to build a standalone app? In that case, just select the option for Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides

Hey @charliecruzan

Yes, it’s going to be a standalone app.
Yeah, I’ve tried that, but that still trying to generate one

? How would you like to upload your credentials? Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides
? Will you provide your own Apple Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
? Would you like to reuse Apple Distribution Certificate from another app? No, please create a new one
? Will you provide your own Apple Push Notifications service key? Let Expo handle the process
✔ Didn't find any previously uploaded Apple Push Notifications service key
✔ Ensured App ID exists on Apple Developer Portal!
We're going to generate:
- Apple Distribution Certificate
- Apple Push Notifications service key
- Apple Provisioning Profile
✔ Generated Apple Distribution Certificate
⠙ Generating Apple Push Notifications service key...
You can have only two Apple Keys generated on your Apple Developer account.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.