Expo 34 build rejected in TestFlight & iTunes Connect

I recently updated our SDK to Expo 34 and we have updated all necessary dependencies. The app runs fine in the simulator and on Expo for QA, however, building the ipa and uploading to iTunes Connect to test in TestFlight or for App Store submission is failing. Opening the test flight build results in the following screen.

The app runs fine using expo start --no-dev --minify and expo r --no-dev --no-minify. There are no errors or warnings anywhere.

The appKey field is omitted from the app.json so I would think that is defaulting to use main. Here is the top half of the app.json file for context.

"expo": {
    "name": "First",
    "description": "First Conversations App",
    "slug": "first",
    "privacy": "public",
    "sdkVersion": "34.0.0",
    "version": "3.1.0",
    "orientation": "portrait",
    "primaryColor": "#cccccc",
    "icon": "./assets/icons/app-icon.png",
    "scheme": "conversations",
    "splash": {
      "image": "./assets/splash.png"
    },

Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t think the --no-dev --minify option works anymore. I had to build 50 simulator ipa’s to diagnose what file was crashing on load. For me it turned out the Linking.makeUrl("/") was crashing with errors, and it was being called before a Component definition, so because that function crashed while the file was being loaded, it brought the entire app down.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.