EAS login as member of Organization

Are members of an organization able to create EAS builds for the organization?

We have an Organization set up with a priority plan, of which I am a member. I have a project with the slug and owner set for the project and organization, and I have the eas-cli globally installed.

Yet, I am unable to login to eas with my member account.

$ eas account:login
✔ Email or username … my_username
✔ Password … *************
    TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'sessionSecret' of 'body.data' as it is undefined.

Do I need to login with the organization account in order to push builds?

what version of eas-cli?

$ eas -v
eas-cli/0.13.0 darwin-x64 node-v14.0.0

Thanks @notbrent.

What’s interesting is I can log in to expo with my member account with expo login and eas whoami lists my member account as the user, but when I try push a build I get a different error.

$ eas build -p ios --profile preview
✔ Linked to project **@organization/project**
TypeError: Cannot read property 'enabled' of undefined

Slug and owner is properly set in app.json as indicated by the linked project.

can you try:

eas logout
eas login

Same issue.

$ eas logout
Logged out
$ eas whoami
Not logged in
$ expo whoami
› Not logged in, run expo login to authenticate
$ eas login
✔ Email or username … my_username
✔ Password … *************
    TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'sessionSecret' of 'body.data' as it is undefined.

Note: eas logout logs you out of expo as well. Not sure if that is intended.

does expo login work for you?

Correct. expo login works fine, and both expo whoami and eas whoami shows me as logged in afterwards, but then I get the other error when I attempt to push a build.

✔ Username/Email Address: … my_username
✔ Password: … *************

Success. You are now logged in as my_username.
$ expo whoami
Logged in as my_username
$ eas whoami
my_username
$ eas build -p ios --profile preview
✔ Linked to project @organization/project
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'enabled' of undefined

My member account is not on the priority plan, just the community plan. The organization I am attempting to push a build for is on the priority plan. Do all members in an organization need to be on the priority plan as well in order to push builds?

they don’t, but the project needs to have the "owner" set in app.json or app.config.js - is that set in your project?

what is your username and org name? you can email me brent@expo.io if you don’t want to share here

@tyrauber It seems to be a node bug that only shows up with got library that is why it works in expo-cli(we use different HTTP client there). Updating node should fix that issue

https://github.com/sindresorhus/got/issues/1349

1 Like

@wkozyra, @notbrent That was it! Works perfectly in Node v15. My apologies for not trying that.

1 Like

it looks like it also works fine in other node 14 patch versions, just a bug with node 14 and 14.1 :open_mouth: