EAS Build iOS failure at Run fastlane

- Managed workflow
- SDK 41
- eas-cli 0.37.0
- Xcode: 13.1

Run fastlane process failing after eas build with the following error.

› Linking   Mishelacocktails » mishela

❌  ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1205.0.22.9.0_0' Reader: '1200.0.32.21_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 12.0.0, (clang-1200.0.32.21)' for architecture arm64

❌  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

⚠️  Pods/boost-for-react-native: iOS@8.0 deployment version mismatch, expected >= 9.0 <= 14.1.99
▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
▸ The following build commands failed:
▸ 	Ld /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Mishelacocktails-cdsqznowwhnihcgkznbncnxmkqla/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Mishelacocktails/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/mishela.app/mishela normal
▸ (1 failure)
** ARCHIVE FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
	Ld /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Mishelacocktails-cdsqznowwhnihcgkznbncnxmkqla/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Mishelacocktails/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/mishela.app/mishela normal
(1 failure)
Exit status: 65

I’ve run it twice just in case as I read some previous posts highlighting temporary outage in the past however I get exactly the same error.

I’ve looked in Xcode logs and it is the same error except an extra warning at the end

warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.1.99. (in target 'boost-for-react-native' from project 'Pods')

Not sure if it is related, however I’m not sure it is linked to Xcode since it is a managed workflow.

Cheers

Solved!

Added “image”: “latest”, to eas.json

2 Likes

For me, updating the version of expo SDK to 41 or more solved the problem.