Console logs when running app in production mode locally

1. SDK Version: 43
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

I’m trying to diagnose production issues in my app by running the app locally in production mode. I’d like to be able to see the terminal output for console log statements. I’m certain that I’ve been able to do this in the past, so I’m confused why this is no longer the case. I’ve created a fresh project with expo init and log statements don’t appear when the app is in production mode (expo start -c --no-dev).

Is there some sort of default behavior that’s changed? How can I see the log output?

I thought that perhaps something in babel-preset-expo was blocking the console logs in production mode, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the case (github). Any other ideas?

Hey @nsdub, I’m almost certain this didn’t ever work. Can you let me know why you’re trying to access console logs while in prod mode?

Cheers,
Adam

Hey @adamjnav – Yep, there was a time when logs would be printed when running in prod mode. It actually caused us to include the transform-remove-console plugin in our babel.config.js file.

In any event, we’re trying to debug a production issue in our login flow. We’re able to reproduce it successfully, but getting some insight with console logging would massively accelerate a fix. (As it stands, we’re reliant on Sentry to give us visibility into what might be going on – which is great for flagging bugs in the first place, but not as useful for testing fixes)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.