App Rejected regarding expo-image-picker

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:42
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): IOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hello My app was recently rejected because of expo-image-picker, Apple rejected my app because I need to change the request permission string to something else, but I can’t with expo-image-picker. It just plainly write “please allow [appName] to access you photos” but apple wants something like “please allow [appname] to access your photos because we need bla bla bla”

Is there a way to change the string?

Here’s what they sent me.

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access the photos, but doesn’t sufficiently explain the use of the photos in the purpose string.

To help users make informed decisions about how their data is used, permission request alerts need to explain and include an example of how your app will use the requested information.

Next Steps

Please revise the purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file for the photos to explain why your app needs access and include an example of how the user’s data will be used.

You can modify your app’s Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode.

Afaik, you can use ios.infoPlist in your app.json to specify the permission key with the custom description. See https://docs.expo.dev/versions/v41.0.0/config/app/#infoplist and Permissions - Expo Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.