What is the best way to test standalone code I've written that I'm developing within Expo Go?

Hello Expo fam. Quick question here.

I want to see how my Expo Go app is going to function in a standalone environment so I can test some of these redirect urls and auth sessions in a standalone environment. But without actually building the app with eas build or expo build, is it possible to see how my app will function in a standalone environment?

My thought process is - its going to suck to keep building my app over and over to test a refresh of code xD

you can build dev client which iss basically your code build in debug mode with the similiar interface as expo go

You will need to rebuild after adding packages with native code (including expo modules)

1 Like

Hey @wkozyra thanks for the info. I tried following the docs and ended up gettiing:

Couldn't start project on Android: Error running adb: Error running app. Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=exp+fotobox://expo-development-client/?url=http://<ip address> flg=0x10000000 }

when trying to start the project on android. Any suggestions? I’ve already enabled USB Debugging on my android simulator.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.