URGENT: EAS build and expo publish crash

Just by the way, I’m not sure if you’re aware that for apps built using eas build, there is no “published” JS bundle initially. The JS is embedded the app itself. This is unlike apps built with expo build.

No more automatic publishing before building

With classic builds, the default behavior is to automatically publish your app bundle as an update prior to running a build. This had some unintended consequences; for example, sometimes developers would run a build and be surprised to learn that their existing app was updated as a side effect.

With EAS Build, expo publish is not run as part of the build process. Instead, the JavaScript bundle is generated locally on EAS Build at build time and directly embedded in the app.

Yes I see that, thanks.
I guess it would be handy to have eas un-update or expo publish:unpublish to return to the JS bundled with the app at build time.

I was surprised the first time expo build ran a publish, and then got used to it, and now I am surprised when it doesn’t do that :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.