undefined is not an object ( evaluating _reactNative.modal.proptypes.animationtype)

I am upgrading expo to v33 and while doing so facing issues with react-native-modal-selector, running into the above error. the version used for this package is 0.0.27.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

@aditi-thistle can you send your package.json file.

“jest”: {
“preset”: “jest-expo”,
“transformIgnorePatterns”: [
“node_modules/(?!(jest-)?react-native|tcomb-form-native|react-navigation|sentry-expo|react-clone-referenced-element|expo|@expo/|exponent|@exponent/)”
]
},
“dependencies”: {
“expo”: “^33.0.0”,
“moment”: “^2.19.1”,
“prop-types”: “^15.6.2”,
“react”: “16.8.3”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-33.0.0.tar.gz”,
“react-native-elements”: “^0.16.0”,
“react-native-fetch-polyfill”: “^1.1.3”,
“react-native-hyperlink”: “^0.0.11”,
“react-native-modal-selector”: “^0.0.27”,
“react-native-platform-touchable”: “^1.1.1”,
“react-native-snap-carousel”: “^3.3.2”,
“react-native-swiper”: “^1.5.4”,
“react-navigation”: “^2.13.0”,
“react-redux”: “^5.0.5”,
“react-test-renderer”: “16.3.1”,
“redux”: “^3.6.0”,
“redux-logger”: “^3.0.6”,
“redux-thunk”: “^2.2.0”,
“sentry-expo”: “~1.13.0”,
“styled-components”: “^2.4.1”,
“tcomb-form-native”: “^0.6.10”
},

@aditi-thistle update react-native-modal-selector to latest

try again it works me

@khushboo123 I did yarn upgrade react-native-modal-selector but the same issue

is it update in your package.json??
if not try npm i react-native-modal-selector

No the package.json doesn’t update, and when I check from the terminal I get the same version 0.0.27. we have used yarn to install dependencies so I was thinking whether its alright to use npm in that case.

@aditi-thistle Actully i didn’t used yarn to install dependencies but i think there will not be any problem if you use npm to install any dependencies .

so firstly unistall the react-native-modal-selector by yarn

after that again install by npm and then check the version of it.is it latest or not.

I think I need a solution by yarn because the app has been developed using it and not nom.

upgrading to the latest version of react-native-modal-selector with the command yarn upgrade react-native-modal-selector --latest solved the issue.

@aditi-thistle Glad you found the answer & thanks for sharing.

Good Day!

1 Like

Thanks for helping me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.