undefined is not an object (evaluating '_reactNative.Text.propTypes.style')

1. SDK Version: 47.0.8
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

I get this error after upgrade expo sdk 44 - 47

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘_reactNative.Text.propTypes.style’)
ERROR Invariant Violation: Failed to call into JavaScript module method
AppRegistry.runApplication(). Module has not been registered as callable. Registered callable JavaScript modules (n = 11): Systrace, JSTimers, HeapCapture, SamplingProfiler, RCTLog, RCTDeviceEventEmitter, RCTNativeAppEventEmitter, GlobalPerformanceLogger, JSDevSupportModule, HMRClient, RCTEventEmitter.
A frequent cause of the error is that the application entry file path is incorrect. This can also happen when the JS bundle is corrupt or there is an early initialization error when loading React Native.

ERROR Invariant Violation: Failed to call into JavaScript module method AppRegistry.runApplication(). Module has not been registered as callable. Registered callable JavaScript modules (n = 11): Systrace, JSTimers, HeapCapture, SamplingProfiler, RCTLog, RCTDeviceEventEmitter, RCTNativeAppEventEmitter, GlobalPerformanceLogger, JSDevSupportModule, HMRClient, RCTEventEmitter.

A frequent cause of the error is that the application entry file path is incorrect. This can also happen when the JS bundle is corrupt or there is an early initialization error when loading React Native.

I think you may need to upgrade one version at a time and make sure to follow the instructions on the terminal as you go to address as many issues and breaking issues as they appear in the upgrade process. I had similar issues when I tried to upgrade multiple versions at one and had to go back to an older version and slowly step through the process.

1 Like