The Push Notification System handle for the registration is invalid

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42.0.01
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Our goal: successfully send a test notification from Test Send tool in Azure Notification Hub to a registered physical iPhone which is running a local instance of an EXPO app.

Progress: we’re able to successfully register a physical iPhone with Azure Notification Hub without using a 3rd party library. We can see that registration in the Hub.

Issues: when using the Azure’s Test Send tool we’re getting an error “The Push Notification System handle for the registration is invalid” and the test notification does not get delivered.

Debugging:

• we’re using EXPO’s Notifications.getDevicePushTokenAsync() API to obtain the push token.
  • Azure support team analysed the logs and concluded that the problem is the PNS handle i.e. Apple’s ID of the phone registered for notifications.
  • the phone’s PNS handle remains the same at all times.
  • by using “expo credentials:manager” I’ve added a new Push Notification Key using KeyID, TeamID and .p8 certificate - the PNS handle didn’t change after doing that and notifications were failing too.

I haven’t found any tools to validate the APNS handle. I’m currently awaiting a .p12 certificate from our corporate team to test notifications by using https://pushtry.com/.

How do we validate the APNS handle and if found that it’s invalid - how do we cycle it / request another?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.