Support for Image Keyboard to select gifs and stickers using the device Keyboard?

Question About react-native-image-keyboard Support and PR Decline to add this functionality in React Native Core

Hello Expo community,

I have a question and a concern related to the integration of react-native-image-keyboard with Expo and a pull request in the React Native core repository to add support for Image Keyboard. Let me provide some context:

1. PR on React Native Core: In my search for a solution, I stumbled upon this PR #26088 in the React Native core repository, which appears to be related to supporting Image Keyboard functionality within React Native core. Unfortunately, this PR was declined, and I couldn’t find any clear explanations for why it was rejected.

2. react-native-image-keyboard: I’ve been working on a project where I wanted to utilise the react-native-image-keyboard library. However, I noticed that it’s not supported and doesn’t work with React 18.

I’m reaching out to this community to seek clarity and gather information about the current state of Image Keyboard support in Expo and React Native. Here are my questions:

• Can someone shed some light on why the PR #26088 was declined in the React Native core repository? Were there technical reasons or other considerations that led to this decision?

• Are there any alternative solutions or workarounds that I can explore to achieve similar functionality if react-native-image-keyboard is not a viable option for Expo projects?

I appreciate any insights, guidance, or suggestions that you can provide regarding this matter. Thank you for your time and assistance!

The following screen shot shows example of the functionality not working.

Best regards,
Zia Grosvenor