SMS auto read feature.

I am using following :

1. EXPO SDK Version: ~42.0.1
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

I am using react-native-otp-verify package to auto read SMS (one-time-password).

This package seems to get failed in reading method definitions not available, can someone please suggest other package or example to achieve sms auto-read functionality in expo app.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @priyankasadh678

Are you using EAS Build to build your app? Because react-native-otp-verify includes native code you will need to either use EAS Build or else eject to the bare workflow.

I donโ€™t think iOS allows apps to read SMSes.

Thanks @wodin for reply.

yes, I am not finding solution for expo itself.
for ios passing keyboardType={"number-pad"} textContentType='oneTimeCode' in textInut is working.

1 Like

And, I am not building with EAS. Is it compulsory to have either EAS building or native-cli only ?
canโ€™t the same be achieve in expo stand-alone ? @wodin

If you want to add a dependency to a managed Expo app that has native code (e.g. react-native-otp-verify includes native code), and if that dependency is not already included in the Expo SDK (react-native-otp-verify is not included in the Expo SDK) then:

• You need to build with EAS Build; OR
  • You need to eject to the Bare workflow

EAS Build is currently a paid service, but they plan to have a free tier in future. Also, the documentation explains how you can use EAS to build on your own machine (for free) instead of using their build servers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.