react-native-firebase help

Hi guys,
I have some issues with react-native-firebase.
I made an eject of my Expo client project to use react-native-firebase in android.

Cannot find a version of ‘com.android.support:support-annotations’ that satisfies the version constraints:
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.facebook.react:react-native:31.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’
Constraint path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:{strictly 24.0.0}’ because of the following reason: debugRuntimeClasspath uses version 24.0.0
Constraint path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:{strictly 24.0.0}’ because of the following reason: debugRuntimeClasspath uses version 24.0.0
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.facebook.react:react-native:31.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-core-utils:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.facebook.react:react-native:31.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-fragment:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.facebook.react:react-native:31.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-vector-drawable:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.google.android.gms:play-services-base:10.2.4’ → ‘com.google.android.gms:play-services-basement:10.2.4’ → ‘com.android.support:support-v4:24.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:24.0.0’
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.facebook.react:react-native:31.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-core-utils:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-compat:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’
Dependency path ‘android:react-native-maps:unspecified’ → ‘com.facebook.react:react-native:31.0.0’ → ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-fragment:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-core-ui:27.1.1’ → ‘com.android.support:support-annotations:27.1.1’

I think that I have a problem with the different version of my libraries and dependencies.
My dependencies:

react-native: 0.57.1
react-native-firebase: “~5.5.4”
expo: “^31.0.5”
expokit: “^31.1.0”

in android/app/gradle
implementation “com.google.android.gms:play-services-base:16.1.0”
implementation ‘com.google.firebase:firebase-core:17.0.0’

in android/gradle
classpath ‘com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.4.1’
classpath ‘de.undercouch:gradle-download-task:2.0.0’
classpath ‘com.google.gms:google-services:4.2.0’

Can someone help me?

Hi @michela98b!

Did your project run after ejection before adding react-native-firebase? And then adding react-native-firebase resulted in the build errors? Or did you try to upgrade your Expo SDK as well?

I should also note that it might work better/easier for you to try the bare workflow and integrate react-native-firebase that way, rather than ejected

Hi @charliecruzan

Yes, before implementing react-native-firebase my project worked. I have built them with Android Studio and everything was ok.

Looks like you need to use v5.2.x of react-native-firebase if you’re using react-native v0.57

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.