Performance monitor missing with new SK37 dev menu

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

When I open the new dev menu on SDK 37, I don’t see the “Performance monitor”, which should be there.

I have

• Reload

• Copy link to clipboard

• Go to Home

• Disable Fast Refresh

• Debug Remote JS

• Show Element Inspector

Looking at this Screenshot from the blog post https://miro.medium.com/max/1400/1*vdANJd_iJw8vxsrscB7B8g.png

It should be there. This has been a very important tool for me and now its gone?

I reinstalled Expo, then I could see the performance monitor. I tapped on it, Expo crashed and now the menu entry is gone again. Whats wrong here? Any thoughts @notbrent ?

It happens on iOS

@ijzerenhein shipped a fix for this to react-native in Performance Monitor causes crash on iOS 13.4 · Issue #28414 · facebook/react-native · GitHub - it broke on ios 13.4 - and we will be releasing a new version of expo client with this fix soon, maybe next week.

Thank you very much!

Will that update only include the upstream fix from react-native? It would be AWESOME when you guys could use this “out-of-plan” release for an updated version from react-native-screens (v.2.6.0 coming soon).

It includes:

• An important fix for androids header (which is cutted off and fixed in 2.4.0, so pretty unusable right now with 2.2.0)
  • Brings headerLeft and headerCenter and headerTitle support for iOS (which currently only has support for headerRight on native-stack, which is pretty useless for a full UX/UI)
  • Fix a deadlock

I know I am pestering a lot with react-native-screens and I hope u wont get upset, I was just hoping to address this quickly, since there is an out-of-plan bugfix release, which could help fixing other bugs). Thank you @notbrent

No further feedback on my question?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.