Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 40
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
- Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.
We are facing an issue where a new binary pointing a new release channel is pushed via app store and playstore, updated in phone with respective app stores, but still seems like old js bundle ( which is pointing to previous release channel ) is running.
Steps to reproduce
- Have an existing binary say 1.0 which is pointing to prod-v1 release channel.
- Push a new binary say 2.0 which points to prod-v2 release channel to respective app stores.
- Open the 1.0 binary, ( it checks there is a new binary released, gives an option to user to navigate to app store page ). The user clicks update, and the app is updated.
- Coming back to the app which ( was already open ), the old JS bindle ( chached ) is still executing.
- Closing the app, and re-opening it, still the old JS bundle is executing.
After removing cache and deleting data ( explicitly from settings ) I could see the new js bundle ( prod-v2) in effect.
We want to give user a seemless experiance updating the binary, and get new release channel js bundle experience.
Has anyone encountered this / or know a way to handle this ?