Local iOS Build Issue with EAS: Seeking Guidance

Hello,
I’m having trouble with local builds (ios) using eas.

When I run:
eas build --platform ios --profile development --local
It builds for about a minute, then stops with the following error:

[RUN_FASTLANE] Details:  createItemModels creation requirements should not create capability item model for a capability item model that already exists.
[RUN_FASTLANE] Function: createItemModels(for:itemModelSource:)
[RUN_FASTLANE] Thread:   <_NSMainThread: 0x14860bb60>{number = 1, name = main}
[RUN_FASTLANE] Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
[RUN_FASTLANE] 2023-10-13 07:58:12.799 xcodebuild[48961:2517955] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot11/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-22267/IDEFoundation/Provisioning/Capabilities Infrastructure/IDECapabilityQuerySelection.swift:103
[RUN_FASTLANE] Details:  createItemModels creation requirements should not create capability item model for a capability item model that already exists.
[RUN_FASTLANE] Function: createItemModels(for:itemModelSource:)
[RUN_FASTLANE] Thread:   <_NSMainThread: 0x14860bb60>{number = 1, name = main}
[RUN_FASTLANE] Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
[RUN_FASTLANE] ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
[RUN_FASTLANE] Exit status: 65
[RUN_FASTLANE] 
[RUN_FASTLANE] +---------------------------------------+
[RUN_FASTLANE] |           Build environment           |
[RUN_FASTLANE] +-------------+-------------------------+
[RUN_FASTLANE] | xcode_path  | /Applications/Xcode.app |
[RUN_FASTLANE] | gym_version | 2.216.0                 |
[RUN_FASTLANE] | sdk         | iPhoneOS17.0.sdk        |
[RUN_FASTLANE] +-------------+-------------------------+
[RUN_FASTLANE] Looks like fastlane ran into a build/archive error with your project
[RUN_FASTLANE] It's hard to tell what's causing the error, so we wrote some guides on how
[RUN_FASTLANE] to troubleshoot build and signing issues: https://docs.fastlane.tools/codesigning/getting-started/
[RUN_FASTLANE] Before submitting an issue on GitHub, please follow the guide above and make
[RUN_FASTLANE] sure your project is set up correctly.
[RUN_FASTLANE] fastlane uses `xcodebuild` commands to generate your binary, you can see the
[RUN_FASTLANE] the full commands printed out in yellow in the above log.
[RUN_FASTLANE] Make sure to inspect the output above, as usually you'll find more error information there
[RUN_FASTLANE] [!] Error building the application - see the log above
[RUN_FASTLANE] Error: The "Run fastlane" step failed with an unknown error. Refer to "Xcode Logs" below for additional, more detailed logs.
[CLEAN_UP_CREDENTIALS] Destroying keychain - /var/folders/gp/z8sd399d2ys_4ysf1hvlvhyr0000gn/T/turtle-v2-7afaf61b-41fa-4c28-aee2-0b59a5a628f5.keychain
[CLEAN_UP_CREDENTIALS] Removing provisioning profile

Build failed
The "Run fastlane" step failed with an unknown error. Refer to "Xcode Logs" below for additional, more detailed logs.
npx exited with non-zero code: 1
    Error: build command failed.

• I don’t encounter any errors when doing a local build for Android.
  • For remote builds, both android and iOS build successfully.
  • The same error occurs whether I’m in development or production mode.
  • Building within Xcode doesn’t produce this error.
  • I have created 5 similar apps, and all of them show the same error.

Any guidance or hints on how to successfully complete the local build would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any help or guidance.

have you tried setting the scheme to “Release” within Xcode or are you doing a debug build?

1 Like

here’s a thread about this: xcodebuild[56491:10396296] [MT] DV… | Apple Developer Forums

it could be an xcode bug on your machine. try building on EAS Build to see if that resolves the issue

After changing the Build Configuration in Xcode from “debug” to “Release”, the local build succeeded.

It was just that simple!
I’ve been struggling with this issue for a week.
Thank you so much, Brents!
I truly appreciate your precise response. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.