Invalid signature on standalone build; can I reset the keystore config?

Hi,

I just discovered expo a few days ago and so far it’s been amazing! I have got my app working on iOS and Android using the Expo client and now want to build standalone versions.

I started with Android and proceeded according to https://docs.expo.io/versions/v18.0.0/guides/building-standalone-apps.html. For signing I wanted to use a keystore I used before to publish apps on the Play store. When uploading the resulting APK I get the following error (see screenshot):

Imgur: The magic of the Internet (invalid signature, Error from apksigner: JAR_SIG_NO_MANIFEST, Missing META-INF/Manifest.mf)

I’m afraid I may have messed up when entering the details for the keystore. I couldn’t figure out how to reset this and enter them again, is there a way? I.e. want to reenter the path and password for my keystore, or if that doesn’t work, “Let Expo handle the process!”.

Thanks!

Hi! We just released a new version of exp which should allow you to clear the credentials and start over. If you update exp to version 42.2.0 then you can run exp build:android -c to clear the previous credentials and upload or generate new ones.

Wow, great timing. Thanks!